As you know, Web 2.0 is all about the conversation. However, without a few simple ground rules, that conversation can turn into a virtual shouting match that discourages others from contributing. Consequently, by participating in this community (i.e., posting on NexTwelve.com), you agree to the following comments policy:
- You may comment without registering. You may post as a guest, or log in with WordPress, Twitter, or Facebook. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. We don’t recommend this because anonymity impedes the development of the community; however, you may do so if you wish.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Therefore, you add value to the conversation by asking. In addition, a public answer will probably prevent a handful of private emails asking the same question so it’s also much more efficient.
- You may disagree. We welcome debate. However, if you disagree with any NexTwelve.com contributor — or anyone else, for that matter — please do so respectfully.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. NexTwelve.com does not have any obligation to publish your comments. Specifically, your comments will be deleted if you post something that is, in the sole opinion of a NexTwelve.com contributor, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous; (d) defamatory; (e) abusive; (f) harassing; (g) threatening; (h) profane; (i) pornographic; (j) offensive; (k) false; (l) misleading; or (m) which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate our sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (n) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. NexTwelve.com does not own your comments and expressly disclaims any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on NexTwelve.com, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve NexTwelve.com from any and all liability that may result from your postings.
- You grant NexTwelve.com license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free; and, includes the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, book, video, or presentation.
In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple policy will facilitate this.